Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

Treatment

I received radiation today on my neck and will receive further treatments of radiation on Sunday and Monday. The radiation will run through the labor day weekend. At this point in time I have numbness on the left side from the bottom of my neck to the top of my ear. My left ankle still hurts. During the radiation there is excrutiating pain in my left hip. I managed to barely make it. They said the radiation would only last another 5 to 10 seconds but they probably lied to me as to how long it would last because it seemed longer. It was more than 5 more seconds. I take morphine 15 minutes before the radiation and then I take another 5ml before they actually start so that I'm covered through the treatment. Obviously that makes me drunk-like which is why i'm late on the blog.

My calves and feet swell so much fingerprint marks last for a long time. I can't sleep laying down. Currently I 'sleep' in my office chair which gives me some relief. They're doubling my water pill to help me lose water and reduce the swelling. I'm going to stop the Gatorade intake as well.

I'm getting an apartment in Omaha this week so that I don't have to climb the stairs. I'll explain further this week. I plan to take the grandkids fishing on Monday.

Please keep me in your prayers.

This was dictated to Matt by Bob. Bob hopes to update the blog later this week himself.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?